When an air conditioner is working properly, it provides cooling relief to a home even during the hottest of summers. When issues start to arise, it is important a person seeks prompt repairs. If a homeowner begins to notice problems with their AC system not operating properly, it is important to be able to troubleshoot the system to determine the cause of their issues. Knowing the warning signs and proper troubleshooting steps will help homeowners with their Air Conditioning in New Haven IN.
How to Troubleshoot a System That Is Not Working at All
The following steps should be taken to troubleshoot a system that is not coming on at all.
* A homeowner needs to check to ensure their system is receiving power. Checking the fuse and breakers boxes will help to confirm this.
* Homeowners should reset their system’s overload switches to ensure they have not been tripped.
* It is wise to check the thermostat settings to ensure they are not causing the problem.
* Check the condensate overflow switch to make sure it has not been tripped.
If none of these steps reveal the problem, it is important a homeowner calls in the professionals to have their system checked for problems. A repair technician can check to see if the system needs to be repaired or needs replacement.
How to Troubleshoot a System That Runs But Does Not Cool
When a system runs but is not expelling cool air, the cause of the problem must be determined. The following steps should be taken to see if the issue can be revealed so it can be taken care of.
* Homeowners need to check the system’s filter to ensure it is not clogged with dirt and debris. Large amounts of dirt on a filter can prevent the system from cooling effectively. If the filter is dirty, it needs to be changed immediately.
* A homeowner can check the coils to see if ice has formed on them. If this has occurred, turning on the fan only function can melt the ice, and the system can be turned on again one the ice has melted to see if it cools.
Call For Repairs
If you are experiencing any of the above issues with your Air Conditioning in New Haven IN, it is time to call in the professionals for repair. To learn more, Click Here and visit Brockmanheating.com.