According to a number of studies, the air inside a home is dirtier and more contaminated than air outside of a home. The good news is there are a few things that can be done and Indoor air quality products that can be installed to help and reduce or eliminate these sources of contamination. One of the most important steps is to ensure there is effective ventilation present since it will remove the pollutants through filtering the air and help to reduce excessive moisture build-up.
Minimizing Chemical Pollutants
There are a number of ways that a homeowner can begin to clean the air they breathe, which include:
* Avoid smoking any type of tobacco product inside the home.
* Choose various Indoor air quality products and install them in the home.
* Reduce the use of cleaners that have a strong fragrance, solvent based cleaners, and harsh cleaners.
* Take activities such as sanding, painting, rock polishing, paint stripping and gluing outdoors.
* Do not allow lawnmowers or cars to idle inside of the garage.
Another way to improve air quality in a home is by cleaning up. This includes:
* Wash comforters, sheets and pillows on a weekly basis to reduce the exposure to allergens, which include dust mites.
* Remove shoes prior to coming into the home.
* Put mats at the entrance way to catch dirt and other debris.
* Use an HEPA vacuum cleaner that has a disposable bag.
* Remove surface dust regularly.
In addition to reducing contaminants and keeping things clean, air quality depends on the level of moisture present. Keeping it at bay is essential. This means a homeowner may want to install a humidifier to help and control the levels of humidity in the home. They should also repair any and all leaks quickly.
More information about home air quality can be found by visiting the Burgesons.com website. Take some time to learn about the various products that are available to help with this endeavor. By taking the time to learn about what to do and how to do it, anyone can improve the overall air quality in their home.
For more updates Click Here!